To our Lifetime Orthodontic Family & Wesley Orthodontics Grosse Pointe:
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety as well as our devotion to patient care with the utmost integrity.
For some, this may appear as an uncertain time for our families and communities. For my team and I, we are confident and inspired to rise above any self-imposed limitations and provide an experience which out measures previous expectations.
This has been an incredible opportunity to take a birds eye view of our practice, and deliver an even more exceptional experience and brighter smiles. Our new protocols, outlined below, have allowed us to be more patient-centric as we are limiting the number of patients that we will see in the office throughout the day.
While this does mean more focused care, it may at times be perceived as more limited appointment availability. This is not the case. You will see us implementing new technologies that will enable us to uphold our high standards of care. At the same time, we will be prolonging the appointment intervals necessary and utilizing digital technology to perform more virtual care.
This all works toward minimizing the total required visits to our office while achieving the same excellent results. This is just one of many opportunities that we have identified to better serve you and our mission.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
Please note, it is important that you keep your appointment time or promptly notify us in advance, so that we are able to schedule that time with another patient. It is also important that you arrive early so that we can devote our focus to each patient at their scheduled time.
- 7-day appointment reminder: You will receive a reminder text 7 days before your appointment. This will have a link to the “Wellness Page” (the one you are likely reading now) where you will be able to review all of our new policies. This will prepare you for what to expect on your upcoming visit.
- 1-day appointment reminder: You will receive another reminder text the day before your appointment. This will remind you of your appointment date and time, and it will also have a link to our “Wellness Form.” Please note, everyone who enters the office will be required to fill out this screening form so that we can best protect our team and other patients.
- Curbside Waiting Room: The morning of your appointment, you will receive one more reminder text. This reminder will request that you text us the moment you arrive at the office, while remaining in your vehicle until further notice. We will text you back to let you know when we are ready for you to enter. Please note, that only the patient and/or up to one parent are allowed entrance. If you, the patient, are getting a new appliance then the parent must be present to review care instructions.
Post Appointment Follow-Up: If you are a parent sending your child in, and do not feel comfortable coming in yourself, no problem! Here is what we can do for those that wish to stay in their vehicle.
Treatment Updates: You will receive a treatment update text, or if you wish to speak with Dr. Wesley, you can schedule a call at the end of the business day when we are done seeing patients.
Payments: It is required that everyone set up auto-payments on their accounts, if they have not done so already. You can call the office to set this up, or we can text you a payment link that you can use if applicable to you.
Scheduling: We will text you regarding when Dr. Wesley would like to see you again, along with a few available appointment times.
- We have hand sanitizer in the reception area that we will ask you to use when you enter the office.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- We will be sanitizing the reception area, all door handles, and common areas after each patient and minimally each hour.
- Brush your teeth before you come, as we have closed down our brushing station to limit any risk of exposure. For this reason, you will be doing us a great service by being proactive.
- Temperature testing. Everyone who enters the office, including our team, will complete the ‘Wellness Form’ each time. On top of that, we will be taking everyone’s temperature at the door to further screen for any symptoms.
- Peroxide rinse. We will have a diluted peroxide solution that we may require you to rinse with for certain procedures. This will assist in creating a healthy oral environment for the LTO team.
- We may look like aliens! Orthodontics is relatively non-invasive but you will see us wearing a bit more gear to protect our team as well as the other patients. This might mean we are wearing thicker masks, surgical gowns, and face shields for certain procedures. If you wish to know more about our protocols just ask. We would be happy to explain further.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment. Do not worry! Dr Wesley is going to make himself available for 12+ hours each day on most days to accommodate everyone. We also plan to implement technologies that make your treatment more efficient and we will therefore need to see you less often to get the same excellent results.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time. This will also allow us to thoroughly disinfect everything. As mentioned above, we will maintain the high infection control and CDC standards that we have always practiced.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
Thank you for being a part of our LTO family. We value your trust and loyalty, and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr Wesley and the LTO Team~